.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 30, 2007

 

God Drives Home a Point

Listen to this article Listen to this article

When God Speaks Deep into your Heart
I have not felt this way for a real long time; it has been some time since I last felt excitement how God speaks through circumstances and through the pulpit. I remember when I first came back to Christ after having backslided for many years, the initial few months was a lot of healing work done through the pulpit. God spoke to me and nursed some of my hurts and weariness through the pulpit. But then the last time I felt this way was real real ago. Don't get me wrong, it does not mean that I am not ministered to by God every week during service but then I still learn wonderful new things about God, just that it has been some time since the sermon tugs at your heart and ministers to you at a deeper level. Today is one such time and as you reflect upon how God sometimes tries to make a point in your life, it is just amazing. There is just something that makes you know it is God speaking.


Thank God for my Sister
Actually, I was kind of disappointed again yesterday about cell and somehow my sister sensed it. I really appreciate my sister a lot because I can tell that she cares. Although she sometimes is at a loss for words; not knowing what to say or what to do to make me feel better, but then I can always sense her care and concern for me. Just like this morning, she left for church early because she was serving in the children's ministry and she sent me a sms with the lyrics from "God will make a way" and reminded me that God will somehow help me find a way out my current situation with cell leadership. That's all it takes sometimes, no need for much comforting words but then knowing that someone cares for you is enough to make me feel better.

No-Show
It was fellowship week for cell this week and so there was no cell group gathering. I decided to just plan something simple maybe cycling at East Coast Park yesterday. But then, I did not really receive much responses up to the very day. I proceeded to East Coast Park Mac at about 2pm and sat there, hoping that some will turn up but then, as expected, only my sister turned up. I do not know what came over me but then somehow I did not want to give up. I kind of expected that people won't turn up but then in the end, ended up being a bit upset about it. Well, in the end, it was still a wonderful time of catching up with my sister, as we cycled and later adjourned to Settler's Cafe Katong to play some games, just the two of us. Maybe I should make this gathering with her more regular :) But still, I felt upset and to make it worse, I came down with asthma attack halfway through cycling. This morning, I met a cell group member from another friend's group and she shared with me how they had fun at their gathering on Friday. Ooooo, that hurted even more... felt so much a failure again.

Lessons from Elisha
Anyway, I thank God that He encouraged me on this week and like I mentioned, He did it again through sermon today. Today's topic was on Elisha and his reception of spiritual legacy and taking over from Elijah. It was a lesson on offering one's life to the service of God. Elisha seemed so ready to go with Elijah when he was called upon. His readiness to serve and his desire for double portion of Elijah's spirit just goes to show how he offered his life to the service of God. Then, the speaker spoke about timing and how it must have been a real long time between the time Elijah was called to anoint Elisha as his replacement as prophet and the time Elisah took over. The point being that sometimes it takes some time between the time God calls and anoints a leader to a time his/her ministry takes off because it may take a time of preparation.

I do not know what God is saying; whether I am to endure difficulty in cell leadership for a real long time, in preparation of His plans for me, I do not know. It sure is a scary thought. The speaker reminds us that God has a plan for each of us in His scheme of things and how spiritual legacy given to God's people is for the generations, not just the here and now. Sometimes, we are made to go through certain circumstances so we can in turn minister to others with similar circumstances in the future. Then the speaker prayed for leaders who have been called to position and having difficulties, praying for courage and for our pains to be committed to the Lord. He also reminded all that members should accept the training of these leaders and support them. By the end of the service, I was making my way home and my sister mentioned how this week's sermon is just so relevant to me AGAIN, as with the previous few weeks. God is speaking to my circumstances again and what are the odds for that?


Of 5 Loaves and 2 Fishes
And for a third time this week, the story about how Jesus feeds the five thousand with the five loaves and two fishes came out yet again during sermon; to remind us how is made possible with the people offering themselves to service and working with the Lord, so many others are blessed.

Thanksgiving
Also, as I stood in service during praise and worship time, I cannot help but to realise how God works in individuals and guide them in their walk with Him. The sister who stood beside me came to know Christ through her ex-boyfriend, who is now no longer with the church because of the breakup. But then I am so relieved to see how much she has grown over this one year. I thank God for all the lives He has worked in when they took the step of faith to accept Him. I also thank God for sending people around me to encourage me - my sister, this sister-in-christ, some of my cell group members, a fellow cell group leader and my colleagues and friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!