.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 31, 2007

 

Thanksgiving for the Week

Listen to this article Listen to this article

I give thanks for...
  • Sunglasses from my colleague - I was thinking of buying a pair of sunglasses for my trip but am thankful my colleague suddenly blessed me a pair of sunglasses one day even though I have not told anyone I needed one.

  • Cheap Jeans - I also needed to buy a new pair of jeans for my trip and as I made my way to J8 to buy my guardian angel's farewell gift, I realised G2000 had a sale and I bought aa pair of jeans for only $19, so happy :)

  • Missions Meeting Went Well - Met up with my fellow trip-mate to discuss the presentation we are doing over at China and we thank God for a fruitful discussion so far

  • Colleague's Sharing on being filled by the Holy Spirit - I thank God for a wonderful sharing and reminder by a colleague on being filled with the Holy Spirit. A wonderful metaphor, using balloon sculpting, to show how before we were filled with the Holy Spirit, we are like deflated balloons. But after being filled with the Holy Spirit (fully and not half-way), and being moulded by it (which involves discomfort and sometimes pain), we become something wonderful, bigger and different from one another. Looking back, life has indeed changed for me and I am no longer a deflated balloon. But I am not sure I have taken my form yet... maybe still going through metamorphosis :p

  • Survived Cycling - I thank God for having survived my cell group's night cycling trip... we cycled a whole 33km from Pasir Ris to East Coast Park :) Nice to cycle by the park connectors and a wonderful accomplishment for myself. Except for that fact that I had to live with aches for the next few days, the cycling went well and I had no injury :)
My guardian angel is leaving soon but I have yet to get her a gift. Somehow, it did not occur to me that she is leaving until a day before... then I realised I have not gotten her a gift... That's me la, sometimes too engrossed with work until lost to the world... So sad she is leaving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!