.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

 

Personality Clash

Listen to this article Listen to this article

I think I am not taking the "mentoring" style of my cell leader well. It was also the case when she was my social work supervisor. Maybe it's true, I am the kind of person who needs nurturing and affirmation while she is the kind of person who is straightforward and "tough". It is this very aspect of her that I respect a lot because I had seen how she always have the interests of her clients in mind and would always fight for their interests.

However, there are several times in the past few weeks when I do not take to her straightforwardness well. Just like today, I asked for her help to include a short announcement in the cell update email, to remind our members to let us know how many is coming for the upcoming Good Friday service. She asked me to just give church an estimate and no need to breathe down the necks of my members, lest we be seen as being "lo soh" (long-winded). But I think I was stubborn and said that I just wanted to have a final confirmation on how many is coming, so the church can plan for catering. She reminded me that we are leading a group of adults, not teenagers. Well, I do agree with her la (because I can be lo soh at times) but then it is just the way it is being put across that I am not used to. Maybe it is just her and my personality type clash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!