.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, October 02, 2005

 

Loading... Off...

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Felt sick this morning... feel as if my asthma is coming back again (must be all the BBQ smoke I inhaled at Marina Bay steamboat BBQ buffet yesterday). Sick and tired, I prepared and still made my way to service.

Loading... Off...
As the service went on, I can't help but reflect on myself... It has been some 6 weeks since I attended church and indeed, I do feel that my load has been lighten and things are getting better; A few weeks ago, I was so down with so many things crashing down on me and anything that could go wrong, went wrong. Somehow, there is a sense of peace in me as I stood in service. I have already decided to give myself to the guidance of Christ and sincerely worshipped, sincerely giving myself and giving thanks for everything and for Christ's dying for our sins.


And you know what? I also noticed that I am also breathing properly despite me having asthma symptoms in the morning... However, a couple of my friends are navigating through very tough times now and I am still remembering to keep them in prayers; praying strength for them to navigate through this period and for guidance and wisdom to make the right decisions.

Incidentally, today's sermon was on lightening your load. I shall remember the verses (Matthew 11:28-30):
28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
3 important principles for helping us load... off...


Loading Zone by Slantsixx

AT THE FOOT OF THE CROSS (Ashes To Beauty)
Kathryn Scott

At the foot of the cross
Where grace and suffering meet
You have shown me Your love
Through the judgment You received

And You've won my heart
Yes You've won my heart
Now I can

Trade these ashes in for beauty
And wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of mercy
I lay every burden down
At the foot of the cross

At the foot of the cross
Where I am made complete
You have given me life
Through the death You bore for me

I'm laying every burden down
I'm laying every burden down

"Can You Buy Me a Drink?"
Met my old friend who I have known for more than 15 years... As we were chit-chatting in the food court and me eating my lunch, I suddenly heard a voice coming from behind me with a little of nervousenss:

"Excuse me, just wondering if you could buy me a drink. Hope you can help me as I am doing a dare and my friend dared me to see if I can get someone to buy me a drink."
I remembered thinking "wah, I like that also got people want to pick me up ah", then "not possible la"... hahaha, thick-skinned hor. As expected, turned out that that teenage girl is asking my friend (he does look quite boyish). To the contrary, I wasn't upset at all but was more surprised that I am witnessing all these happening right before me; that someone actually have the courage to do something like that :D Anyway, my friend gracefully walked her to the drink counter and bought her a drink (thought picking someone up with drinks is usually done in a pub. This must be a "budget" one hahaha). Moments later, as my friend was still pondering about the whole thing, the girl returned to ask for his namecard. My friend gracefully declined (he thought that she might be some insurance agent. Me? I thought she is either (a) picking him up or (b) shooting a gag for "gotcha"), or (c) all of the above. Anyway, she and her male friend left soon after.

Dumbbell!
I have decided to start on an exercise routine starting tomorrow to at least stay healthy. Have found this online exercise 12-week routine for weight loss, just some simple home exercises which require dumbbells, so thought of just trying it out. Bought a pair of 3kg weights. I actually started my workout today since I was walking around cityhall carrying that 6kg :D Guess this extra "load" is important for me to shed some "load".

Food for thought: Have you ever seen children play and wonder how easily contented they are? They can be playing with simple things like paper, pretending it is a handphone or chasing some rotating logo projected onto the floor (at the entrance of citilink). You definitely do not find such innocence in the adult's world; everyone seems to not be contented with things and are ever chasing things to make themselves happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!