.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, October 23, 2005

 

I Wanna Buy Esplanade!

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Haven't played Monopoly for ages and boy is it not an easy game hahaha...



My friends and I have chipped in to buy a set of Monopoly game (Singapore version) and we came out for a brief game at the airport (were trying to be as quiet as possible as there were students studying). Haha, one of my friends even say that we were very "heartless", sitting in front of those students who are studying for their exams and playing games :)

Anyway I was very paisay at first because somehow felt weird playing board game in public but I soon got absorbed into the game to care so much... Was also clueless how to play the game because I haven't touched the game since like, what, primary school? Soon got the hang of it and I was buying property like nobody's business (for once I felt so rich and can proudly say "I wanna buy clarke quay! I wanna buy Parliament House! I wanna buy Esplanade!).

Had a good game and can you believe it, throughout the whole game, I only drew salary (by going pass "GO") only once. The rest of the time, I kept being sent to jail because I kept rowing doubles (same score on both dices), now how lucky can I get?!

This game is really not easy and it test your bargaining skill and strategic planning skills... anyway we were playing and the game seems not to be going anywhere since noone wants to barge and exchange properties; noone wanted people to start building houses and hotels and charge those who step onto their property exorbitant rent, rent that can make you go bankrupt (friendly!). Everyone had everyone's tiles... then I made a decision and began to "sabo" haha by making a deal with a friend to break the "stalemate" situation hehehe...

Didn't manage to finish the game though, was getting late and we all packed up and went home by about 11.30pm since we all have to work tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!