.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

 

You Never Go Wrong with Food!

Listen to this article Listen to this article

I almost didn't have anything to blog today but then what's the big deal? I don't need to have to blog everyday do I? Anyway, today's blog entry is on none other than... food!

Kind of felt guilty for eating so much today... I am supposed to have dinner at home but then I somehow found myself in Bishan after work, eating with a friend and his girlfriend. Within 2 hours, I ate a MOS burger hotdog, fries, apple soda, 2 slices of kaya-butter toast, tea, 2 eggs, 1 fish cake, sigh... and to top that, dinner is waiting for me at home.

Kaya-Butter Toast
Anyway, haven't had kaya toast and eggs for quite sometime now so couldn't resist the temptation to try. Come to realize that there are so many ways of eating your kaya toast and eggs... the local way:


The "Before"

Some like their kaya-butter toast just the way they are...
Some like to dip their kaya-butter toast into their coffee or tea...
Some like to dip their kaya-butter toast into the half-boiled egg...
Some like to leave the egg yolk intact and suck up the egg yolk one by one
Some like to "beat" the egg yolk, mixing it up with black soy sauce and pepper and eat it


Signs of Satisfaction...
droplets of tea flowing down the cup

Xi Dao Fish Cake
Anyway, left YaKun a satisfied person hahaha but have to exercise soon so that I feel less guilty. On my way home, saw a store selling these very huge and long "xi dao" fish cakes... looks so unqiue, decided to buy some for my family... Not bad, taste fresh and "springy"...


Long Long Fish "Fingers"

Blue Elephant... Going, Going, Extinct!
Received news from my friend that Blue Elephant, a Thai restaurant at Millenia Walk which serves reasonably priced ala carte Thai buffet, had closed down. Funny, it seems that all the ala carte buffets me and my friends visit all eventually closed down... Last time was Duxton Palace, which served all-you-can-eat ala carte dim sum at $8 and now this... Looks like our "makan kungfu" quite formidable ah?

1 Day Fast
Just received an email from soneone in my cell group suggesting that we fast on Friday and then break fast together after cell. What a wonderful idea (considering how much I have eaten today), hahaha... anyway good to fast to experience hunger since we are all so blessed; we are instead spoilt for choice what to eat. Occasionally, some of us also can't finish our food and we throw them away while some don't even have enough to eat. Good to try and put my perseverance and determination to the test. OK shall try and see whether I will succeed.

Ang Mo Supermarket
I have always liked Bishan... somehow like the town; friendly town with plenty of green pastures and low-lying block of flats... Anyway, my colleagues took my on a kind of "tour" around the neighbourhood these few days during lunch and told me where the "good finds" are... One of it happens to be the "Ang Mo Supermarket". Call me "swa ku" or what but somehow I didn't know about this supermarket which apparently is like the carrefour of Bishan and sells cheap groceries. At first, thought the supermarket was owned by "Ang Mo" (caucasian) but turned out the supermarket is really called "Ang Mo Supermarket". Think there is another branch in Hougang. Shall go there to buy stuff one of these days...


Carrefour of Bishan

Awkward!
OK, finally this part is not about food. I was somehow clearing my work and since I am meeting a friend for dinner in Bishan and he was in the area, I invited him to my office to wait for me while I packed. As he was sitting there reading the papers, oops, my director walked in... awkward! Don't really know how she feels about having a friend over in my office... Had almost wanted to explain that my friend was here to inquire about volunteering but did not. Hahaha, should be OK la hor?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!