.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

 

Cat vs Dog Christian

Listen to this article Listen to this article



Exracted form http://unveilinglory.gospelcom.net

Cat vs Dog
Today my department met for departmental devotion in my room and the topic presented was on "Theology vs Me-ology", very interesting... Here it goes...


Dog-type Christians say:
"You pet me, you feed me, you shelter me, you love me, you must be God"
Cat-type Christians say:
"You pet me, you feed me, you shelter me, you love me, I must be God"

Dog-type Christians:
Walks towards heaven because of love for God.
Cat-type Christians:
Walks away from hell to escape suffering.

Dog-type Christians:
Worship to give thanks and Glory to God; Expression of love for God.
Cat-type Christians:
Worship to escape suffering in hell.

Dog-type Christians:
Studies Theology
Cat-type Christians:
Studies "Me-ology"

Interesting way of putting it, I say... Anyway, my department later discussed the presentation and remembering last Sunday's sermon, I shared with my teammates what my pastor shared on Matthew 6:33, that emphasis should be placed on "seeking first His kingdom and His righteousness" and not on "all these things will be given to you as well" since it seems to fit well with today's discussion.


Where I work... took this on my way back from lunch,
somehow found it look nice from that angle and snap!

In fact, I forgot which verse that was but when I flipped my bible open, there it was... right in front of me (fortunately I placed a bookmark on that page after Sunday's sermon). Interestingly, 2 of my department mates (from different churches) also mentioned that the sermons they went to last week was also on the same verse... we laughed and concluded that God is trying to tell us something *GRIN*

Fulfilling Day
Was busy the whole of today... despite only being on the job for a week, I had somehow successfully coordinated my first mass volunteer placement today... an achievement! However, was making calls the whole day.

Was so tired that I decided that I will not stay and do OT today, left almost on-the-dot at five and made my way to Bishan Junction 8 to look for some nice worship songs compilation to buy. Managed to get q good compilation (though it did not have the songs that I was looking for), 3 CDs for $13, great deal!


My "good deal" worship songs compilation

The "You-are-so-different-and-abnormal" Look
Was on my way home when I met my hearing and speech-impaired colleague at the bus-stop. We both communicated with each other using our handphones and at the corner of my eye, I realized that there was this lady who kept staring at us... I think this is the kind of reality that people with disability have to live with... people constantly staring at them as if they are some special, or worse, abnormal people...

Simialrly, someone sitting next to us in the bus also kept staring at us... After a while, I come to realize that I wanted to let this person know that I am not the one with speech-impairment but soon found myself to be berated myself for even thinking this way: "How come you!"

Hahaha... my colleague told me that I look cute when I work... wonder why is that so le (I can't possibly see myself when I work right)? Maybe because I always very clumsy one la... falling here, tripping there, dropping this and that...

Fake? Or Just that I have let go?
Called my ex-colleague up because I received a missed call from her but then my ex-head picked up the call. I struggled for a while and wondered how I should proceed (after all, it is no secret that we had our differences at work). As usual, she greeted me with such great enthusiam (as if we are like old friends), I returned the greeting and told her where I am working now. Deep inside me I was thinking, am I just being fake or it is just that I have already let go. Well, indeed I am still angry with her when I thought of all the things that had happened prior to my resignation but then somehow the anger is no longer that strong since I am no longer a staff there; no point being so upset about it. I just hope I am not being fake since I detest people being ingenuine, don't want to be like these people.

Good News!
Looks like I do not need to buy a new handphone yet! Miraculously, my handphone is working well again. Just as well... this phone is good enough... has a camera that can take photos for my blog and a FM radio... Maybe it malfunctioned yesterday because it got wet the day before when I came home drenched... maybe not dry liaoz...

2 Comments:

Blogger Cactus said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi codfishy,

Good to know that you are happy at your new workplace. :)

BTW, keep up your exercise regime. :p

8:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!