.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

 

You Eating Lice Hor?

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Haha, below is a little excerpt of the sms "conversation" I had with my sis this evening. She wanted to ask me if I would be having dinner at home. It goes something like tat:

Sis: You eating lice tonight hor?
Me: Well, not reallie into eating lice le, still used to rice. Think I will give it a miss this time, shall stick to my rice diet.
Sis: You must try you must try, how do you think I maintain my "slim" figure?
Me: Crazy woman!

Haha, for a moment, thought I joining Fear Factor hahaha.

Exhausting Day
Still managed to report to work on time, yeah! But, guess I slept late yesterday since I was typing my blog entry for yesterday till 12 plus so was still a bit sleepy on my way to work. Anyway, spent the whole day going around the various centres meeting people. Today,we visited 6-7 places in the East, all the way in Changi, Pasir Ris and Tampines.

The tour did help me better understand the various programmes and services offered by my organization which is important for my work. Everyone I met today are so friendly, feel like I am in a big family although my shyness got the better of me again. By the end of the day, I was so exhausted that I dozed off several times on the way home (was never so tired before). Maybe I was tired to begin with, and with all the travelling and the long break I had from work, it would take me a while to adjust back to working life :D More centres to visit over the next few days.

I was also incredibly hungry several times today... maybe use too much energy ah?

Talking with SMS
I saw my fellow hearing and speech impaired "office mate" again on bus on my way to work. Somehow it felt funny seeing her but then not being able to communicate with her verbally. Though we had no pen and paper, we both immediately took our handphones out and communicate by typing what we wanted to say. What an interesting way to communicate! :) Maybe should learn sign language one day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cactus said...

Hi James,

Yep, do take up sign language. It's invaluable. :)

11:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!