.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, October 09, 2005

 

On Purpose

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Woke up this morning feeling sick again, was sniffing and had a bit of wheezing... anyway, refused to give myself another excuse for not going to church, I pulled myself out of bed and made my way to church.

Anyway, today's sermon is on purpose... some kind of summarizes the 5 purposes God has in stalled for us... (that reminds me, I have not even finished "The Purpose-Driven Life"). Anyway, think the following questions is indeed good in helping one think about the purpose of one's life:
  1. What will be the centre of my life? (What am I living for? Who/What am I worshipping? Money? God?)
  2. What will be the community of my life? (Fellowship)
  3. What will be the character of my life? (Comfort or Character? Being christ-like)
  4. What will be the contribution of my life? (Getting or Giving?)
  5. What will be the communication of my life? (Promoting myself or sharing Christ?)
Also ask yourself, what is your S.H.A.P.E.?
  • S - Spiritual Gifting(s)
  • H - Heart
  • A - Ability
  • P - Passion
  • E - Experiences
Anyway, found today's sermon to be quite meaningful and ordered 2 copies of the sermon maybe to give as gifts to friends who might need it.

For me, I am still finding my purpose but then hope that I am going the right direction (will be starting a new chapter of my life tomorrow when I start work). Just received a letter informing me that my application for a job in a government ministry is not succesful but wasn't the bit affected, more looking forward to tomorrow when I start work.

Had also received a gift from my ex-sup. She gave me a bible study guide that helps me study the bible and presents it in a chronological order... so glad, initially had wanted to study the bible but didn't know where to start since all the guides are so expensive, another prayer answered. :D

Anyway, have also decided to help organize my cell group's christmas party and attended the meeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!