.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, October 07, 2005

 

Being Reminded of his Grace

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Went to cell today... was especially quiet, maybe because I am still reflecting on something about the movie I had watched earlier and also maybe I am still shy amidst this group of people (this is only my 2nd time coming to cell).

Anyway, today's cell discussed last week's sermon, which centred around Matthew 11:28-30, asking all who are weary to come the Lord, let go of control and take on the yoke of Christ (so that we can move with Christ, to the right direction at the right pace) and learn his gentleness and humbleness. Our cell leader asked us a few questions and this cause me to ponder for a second about it:
  • What kind of stresses do you have?
  • How do you cope with this stress?
  • Is it difficult to turn to Jesus when facing such stress? Why?
  • What do you need to know before you can turn to Jesus when faced with stress?
After the discussion, it becomes clear that most of us usually find it difficult to turn to Jesus when faced with stresses as this normally would mean giving up control. Also, most of the time, we are too focused on the problem that we forget about Jesus and the Grace of God. We need t constantly be reminded about the Grace of God and how he has provided for us before we can turn to Jesus. For me, though I am trying to build God into my life, I am still struggling. For now, I am constantly reminding myself of the grace of God everytime I go for service and give thanks and when I write on this blog. Realized that I am chronicling how his Grace has touched me with this blog and this blog can remind me, in times of need, how I can always turn to him for help.

I thank God for my cell, all nice people and for bringing me back to Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!