.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

 

First Day of Work

Listen to this article Listen to this article


Source: www.zer02.com

Today is my first day of work and I enjoyed it.

Woke up real early in the morning (at 6.30am), not really used to it yet but then have to adjust. Worked out a bit and then prepared for work.

Along the way to work, I prayed for God's blessings to help me settle into my new workplace and for me to do and say the right things on my first day.

Was warmly welcomed by my department and we ate breakfast together (yummy beehoon). They also joked that everyone who came into the department will normally grow fatter (oh no!) :)

After breakfast, my tour of the HQ building commenced and I must have met some 30-40 people in the whole HQ and by the end of one hour I was like so overloaded with faces and names that I can't remember a single one (with the exception of my department mates). Nevermind, shall take my time... Friendly place.

Went to another centre to meet with my predecessor to discuss about work and made my way back to office in the afternoon. For the rest of the afternoon, I basically buried myself in files, reading all the correspondences and minutes in my predecessor's cardboards... info overload.

Just before I left office, managed to break the ice with another colleague seated in my room. She is hearing and speech impaired. However, we managed to communicate with each other using pen and paper. Appreantly, we met each other this morning at the traffc light while making our way to office. We bidded each other farewell.

Home bound!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cactus said...

Hi James,

Glad to know that you love your workplace.

7:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!