.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, October 23, 2005

 

Bring On the Mushrooms

Listen to this article Listen to this article


Lunching @ Jerry's

Just came back from lunch with a friend who brought me to Jerry's BBQ and Grill in Jalan Kayu. Although a bit on the costly side (the meal costed $47 for 2), it was nonetheless a very filling meal and the food was wonderful.


Some old contraptions we found
outside the stall, looks like old grills

Tucked away in a small corner of Jalan Kayu, opposite the Abundant Grace Presbyterian Church, the unassuming restaurant serves up a feast of sumptuous "all-american" food with large portions.

We went for the set lunch and added a side dish, their signature dish, the Golden Deep Fried Mushrooms. The mushrooms were large, succulent (with tasty juice oozing out when you bite into it) and went well with the tar tar sauce.



Deep Fried Mushrooms

The soup of the day also tasted good and you can find real ingredients in it, unlike the soup served in many other restaurants which somehow make you feel that they got the soup out of a can or cooked it with some instant soup mix.

I ordered the chicken chop and my friend, fish and chips and I almost fell off the chair when I saw the portion (was even contemplating going over to another restarant opposite for a second round before I saw and ate my chicken chop). Also loved the mashed potato; not dry and sticky.



There was no more place to put our food
on the table

Finally, came the dessert and the ice-cream was just wonderful, tasted more creamy and the it had a stronger favour than most ice-cream I have had. Definitely would bring my friends back again if we are in the area and do not know where to eat... Oh, did I say that they seem to only accept nets or credit card? When we went for the bill, we were given a bill and on top it read
"WE DO NOT ACCEPT CASH PAYMENTS. PLEASE PAY BY CREDIT CARD OR NETS"
Unique!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cactus said...

Sound like a nice place. Maybe we can drop by for its desserts.......ain't too keen for the main dishes though. My hubby and me are pretty sick of American food. :)

8:24 AM

 
Blogger Cactus said...

Sound like a nice place. Maybe we can drop by for its desserts.......ain't too keen for the main dishes though. My hubby and me are pretty sick of American food. :)

8:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!