.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 20, 2008

 

I Never Thought I will See This Day

Listen to this article Listen to this article

My Chains are Gone
Today was just an awesome Sunday, starting first with a wonderful Sunday service with wonderful worship. For the first time, I was singing "Amazing Grace" and coming to appreciate the lyrics because it just touched my heart and aptly described my walk with the Lord so far... I was indeed lost but now am found, was blind but now I see the glory of God and the works of His hand and indeed He has promised good to me and I am seeing it slowly taking shape. It has not been an easy journey but as I sang the song, I gave thanks how my chains are indeed gone.


Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)


Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, Amazing grace

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine

I Never Thought I will See This Day
Today was also an awesome Sunday because for the first time after I took on cell, we have gathered together and had fun playing monopoly, tennis and wii. It was just awesome seeing how people came together to eat lunch and then adjourned to KM's house for games. As I watched the people come together and have fun with one another, I was crying out to God giving thanks that I am able to see this day. I have never thought I would one day see my cell coming together like that and I was kind of overwhelmed with emotions. I also gave thanks when I saw how a quiet member who seemed to have come brokened a few months ago but have seem to settle down well in cell and enjoyed the fellowship. It was just amazing seeing him open up to talk to people :) I was also glad that a friend who I have been praying for to walk back with the Lord had been able to join us. I also gave thanks that people just gelled and everything just went well. In fact, I was even extra extroverted, chirpy and decisive today, something I could not explain why. Thank you Lord, thank you Lord!!

Affairs of the Heart
As for love matters, well a few more things happened today but then I am just left more confused than ever. After yesterday's "romantic" outing, more things happened today. I was walking beside KM out of church when someone realised that we were wearing the same colour scheme (white top and jeans) and shouted "couple wear"! That did make me blush a little and I kept silent. There was no response from KM too.

Today, she performed with the choir on the stage as well and as I stood there watching her perform, it was just awesome watching her and seeing her all filled with pure joy and cheer as she sang and dance just made me appreciate her more as a person. Then, while we were waiting for everyone at the atrium, she came over to me and asked me a 欠扁问答题:

There is 26 letters in the alphabet but if E.T. were to go home, how many is left?

Well, I guessed 24 but then she told me that I was wrong because E.T. left on a U.F.O. so left 21. :) Then, she soon asked me if I have got a copy of the church calendar of events for cell. So far, she had been a wonderful helper in my ministry because I had been a very blur leader and she had a wonderful partner in ministry. All these just made me appreciate her more and more, not because she is a good assistant leader but it just made me wonder if God had intended her to be my life partner.

Anyway, I was just so hopeful until later when we were eating dinner and she was taking some food for a friend. Another lady friend mentioned that she would make a good wife and I followed-up with the comment that whoever becomes her life partner will be blessed. The lady friend then pointed at me and asked me to "consider her". KM then paused for a while, turned to the lady friend and jokingly said, "you think no one wants me?" ouch! I do not know what she meant but then this really does not sound hopeful.

Then later in the night, as I made my way home, I SMSed her and thanked her for putting everything together. Our SMSes came in at the same time. I know she had done a lot and also paid a lot of money for all these gatherings and also making the house available for cell; all these despite the fact she has stopped working now. In one of my SMS, I mentioned how I was so glad seeing a cheerful KM again and how I thank God for bringing her to cell and also making a wonderful impact on me and my ministry. There was then a short delay in the response and what came asking me not to be so "ke qi" and to let her know if I want to exercise (because she knows my leg is giving me problems and that I am worried about my health) and that she will be a good member to assist me. OK, maybe she gets the hint and just implying that she wants to remain friends.

Well, maybe I am just very 婆妈 when it comes to affairs of the heart and I just do not have the courage to hint more... It is not that I do not care about the relationship but I just still have the fear that I will lose the friendship if things don't turn out well. I just don't want to take the risk of losing a wonderful friend. Sigh, lets just see how things turn out la.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!