.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, July 02, 2007

 

Blessed Birthday

Listen to this article Listen to this article

The Rain's Over!
Hmmm, realised my "moji" pet on the right has been "wet" for days liaoz (has been gloomy because somehow it seems to detect my blog entries have been gloomy). But then, for the record, things are better and I give thanks for a blessed birthday today. I really hope to see moji in sunny weather again :)

Sharing my Birthday
I also just realised today that I am sharing my birthday with my organisation's founders' day. Apparently, 2 July is supposed to be the day that our founder first preached the gospel in a Tent Meeting. Am also sharing my birthday with my director's daughter and also the welcome of my No. 2 boss to the organisation. What an eventful day :)

Blessed Birthday
I am indeed grateful for all the birthday wishes and smses and gifts I have received so far. Frankly, birthday this year has somewhat a different feeling, because I thank God for this life and for all His blessings throughout the years.

Starting my Liquid Fast
Today has also been a "full" and "bloated" day for me... never have I eaten so much that I felt literally "pregnant" and my shirt bursting at its seams :) But then, to be able to have food to eat is indeed a blessings; many in the world don't really have anything to eat. Anyway, talking about that, 40 day fast by Love Singapore seems to have started and I have missed it! Haven't done it before and not sure when it starts. But anyway, I have decided that given all my blessings, I will start tomorrow with my liquid fast for the whole duration of 8 hours while at work (except on days I am jogging with my colleagues), nothing much. During this time, I will specifically be praying for my cell's spiritual growth, my spiritual growth, for my church, for those who are walking away, lost and misled to be reconciled with God and for Singapore and the nations. Wow, a little 8-hour fast but then a whole lot of requests hahaha... but of course, though I know this is not supposed to be the spirit but I do of course hope to shed some pounds in the process hehehe though that is not the main focus.

The Day I Felt Bloated
Oh, ya, as I mentioned, had a full and bloated day today... had morning refreshments to welcome my No. 2 big boss to our organisation, then went for a "8-course" birthday lunch treat from my department colleagues at a chinese restaurant, followed by a birthday dinner treat by stitch-giver and another colleague friend in the evening. Woah! Full beyond words :)

Initially, I thought that I will just let it be a normal day and go jogging with my other two colleagues since today is "healthy lifestyle" day. But then, that did not seem to go down well with my colleagues and friends who exclaimed "are you kidding?! Spending your birthday jogging away in the park?!" Hahaha, I do know it sounded quite weird la but then had wanted to come back to maybe work on cell stuff and maybe just chill and watch some TV. Anyway, my guardian angel came back for lunch with us and upon knowing I had planned to go jogging, she said "don't go la" and jokingly "prophesied" that it would rain and have thunder and lightning.

Sweet Sweet Surprise
But what was really a sweet surprise was how stitch-giver and another colleague friend planned a little surprise birthday dinner for me. Frankly, I was really really touched because I really least expected it. I went to J8 with stitch-giver thinking that it is a simple dinner. But soon after, she excused herself saying that she needs to check the price of something for her mum. As I waited for her to return, I heard the voice of my colleague friend (who was supposed to be on leave today) and when I turned around, I saw them walking towards me with a small birthday cake. I am really very touched by the small gesture! Touched beyond words. Thank God for wonderful friends. Then, it was a simple dinner fellowship and we just had a good time chit chatting with one another... we laughed ourselves crazy at how "cryptic" my colleague was when they were preparing to come with the cake, that even in sms, he would say something like "the rooster is in the pen" i.e. to mean that he has brought the cake. It was a wonderful fellowship time with my fellow ISFJs (which I just found out). Thanks again stitch-giver and "A" :)

Thank You God
As I was looking through my blog for my testimony to share on my CG blog, I came across a letter I wrote to God in October last year and the thanksgiving is still genuinely from my heart, how God has delivered me and is still continuing to bless me. Thank you God for the work you have done in my life.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cryptic msg was:

the bird is the roost.

the hen has laid her egg.

via sms!!! why would i need a cryptic line on sms? lol...

stitch-giver

9:58 AM

 
Blogger NL@E said...

Happy birthday, codfishy!

Though it's rather late, just happen to have the time to read your blog today.

It's equally happy for me to know that you are surrounded and loved by many people.

May this blessing last forever, even till the day when you are called home to be with the Lord.

Take care, and be happy always. ^_^

8:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!