.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 17, 2007

 

To the Press!

Listen to this article Listen to this article

I have finally decided! After struggling for some time, I have decided that I will send an email to Zaobao, in response to their article on the arrest of Jung, to just alert them that JMS is also operating in Singapore too... I finally decided that I will not remain quiet and risk having more people possibly being manipulated. What if it is real? I am coming from the angle that they might be operating in Singapore and not making a claim that they do... I seriously leave it to the reporter to see if he/she would like to follow this lead to investigate further. I do not know what I may land myself into and whether I have opened a can of worms, but then I just do not want more to be entrenched in this cult! I do not care!

As I did a bit of research on the net, I managed to find a few JMS sites and also come to know that they are also know as "Christian Gospel Mission", "Providence", JMS, MS etc... Also did a search on the Registrar of Societies website and there is a Global Association of Culture and Peace (Singapore), which is also what the organisations allegedly linked to JMS worldwide is also called. I also managed to find a blog of a possible teenage Singaporean follower... All these just make my heart wrench.


Members Innoculated Against "Idiots"

JMS also have a website which defends their leader and their group. No wonder my friend is not surprised when I "
confronted" him. It's because the group seem to have prepared the members that there are groups like Exodus who are putting false allegations against their leader... On the website that is supposed to defend Joshua Jung and JMS, they even explained why Joshua Jung is wanted by the Korean police and interpol! They seem prepared. Actually, I won't be surprised that sermons continue even though he is arrested for interrogation because the sermons may have been pre-recorded just in case things like that happen. So the more I email about their leader being arrested, the more they will feel we are falsely accusing their leader because they still see their leaders on video sermons. No wonder no response from my friend after I sent him the articles about his leader being arrested. For interest, he even have a video made calling others who doubt him, who accuse him and ex-members who committed suicide "idiots":


Good Food, Good Fellowship
OK, on a happier note... Had a wonderful fellowship with my colleagues today. We had wanted to celebrate one of my colleague's birthday and also give thanks for my guardian angel's baby being cleared to be ok, without down syndrome! Thank God. That means that my guardian angel also came along. Throughout the whole evening, we laughed and laughed and laughed... realised how much I miss my guardian angel because when she was around, life was more cheery and we can always hear laughter. Her simple, cheery personality and cute antics and speech never fail to make us feel comfortable and just laugh along... how I miss her. My guardian angel also bought me a little stitch "well done" stamp which lights up whenever I press on the stamp. So cute! Another stitch to add on to my stitch collection :) Good fellowship and good food, what can be better :) Had dinner at Chef Chan's (which is closing down end of this month) and then adjourned to Seah Street Deli for mud pies, cheese cakes and other desserts. Wonderful evening :) I even had the chance to play with the jukebox in the Deli :)


Chef Chan's
(Source: http://jommakan.blogspot.com/2005_12_01_archive.html)


Seah Street Deli. See the jukebox :)
(Source: http://singapore-raffles.raffles.com/z912/restaurant_12.html)

Look into my Eyes :)
The earlier in the day, I also had a bit of fun trying to coordinate for our "Ah Gong's" (my department calls him that) birthday next week... our department has decided to get a caricature of my big big boss done and have it printed onto the mug and so I was helping to coordinate a bit. Then, suddenly, the artist asked what colour his pupils are. Hmm, now, how do I know? Asked around and it seems no one know. So, to keep the secret from him, I had to go up to his office, asked him a question and as he spoke, I kept looking at his eyes (wonder if he felt I was behaving weird today) :) Can't imagine that I agreed to do that, ha ha ha...

Work Blessings
These few days, work life has been rather stressful with many things waiting to be done, often many vying for my attention at the same time... so before I can finish one, another comes... thank God I survived through it all so far. Also thank God for sending me another potential volunteer to my office. I have been looking for a volunteer to help with a project dealing with branding but I have yet to be able to find a volunteer for it. So happened that this person made an appointment with me to talk about working together because he, as part of his ministry, has started a simple website that serves as a bulletin board to showcase volunteer opportunities and link Christian volunteers to these projects. He has started this project and another project with his three friends distributing sermon cards, out of his own money. As I was talking to him, I realised he runs his own brand management and marketing research company. Bingo! Asked him if he is keen to volunteer and he is... Thank God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!