.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 10, 2007

 

It's a Fish-Eat-Fish World

Listen to this article Listen to this article

In the mood for games again and somehow did not want to waste my Sunday away sleeping at home. Called my "kakis" up for a chillout session. Had initially wanted to visit settlers' cafe but then they were quite fully booked and the next available table is at 7.30pm. Decided to try Mind Cafe instead. The last time I went there was like, when it first started and it was rather quiet and the range of games is relatively limited, when compared to settlers'. (Left: Photo of Mind Cafe @ Bencoolen by ez2axs )

But I must say that Mind Cafe has improved quite a bit since the first time I went there. In terms of crowd, I think they are comparable to settlers' now but in term of their food menu, I think they beat settlers' hands down... more variety. Though the set meal is a bit more expensive, the portion is much better with a soup of the day, a main course, drink (I ordered this tall glass of latte float) and not to forget their brownie; warm brownie with vanilla ice cream, yummmmmie, very nice! Hmm, sorry didn't managed to get a photo of the brownie (too nice liaoz, finished it before it my brain could react and tell me to take a photo) but managed to find a photo taken by a blogger, Joey Chan...


OK, so what did we play? Actually, we played quite a number of games but then the two games which we really enjoyed are Ugly Dolls and Fish Eat Fish... While the food is wonderful, the variety of games at Mind Cafe is still comparatively not as good as settlers'. OK, anyway, played Ugly Dolls again with my kakis. The last time I played Ugly Dolls with my friends, I ended up with a sore hand... hahaha same today... very "violent" game la...

Source: http://www.milksugar.de

We also played Fish Eat Fish and although it seem like a simple game, it is really not easy as you try to remember which cards your opponents have discarded and it is pretty much "psychological warfare" as well when you attempt to attack your opponents' fishes :) Fierce looking fish huh?
(Right: Picture from RPGnet)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!