.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 20, 2006

 

It's Been A Year!

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Today is like any other Sunday: I woke up, brush my teeth, took a bath, iron my clothes, grabbed my bible and made my way to church... but little did I realise that today is my church's birthday and that could only mean one thing; I have return to Christ for a year already, today is the first anniversary.

Looking back, I have changed quite a bit. Well, I still have my fair share of struggles and issues but I seem to be happier and life seems to be more purposeful now.

I was devastated having to leave a job I loved so much last year but only to find a more purposeful job now; one which I was called to.

I was devastated with human relationships having been hurt again and agin but only to find wonderful and loving people around me again. I also thank God for helping me to recently have a proper conclusion to my strained relationship with the friend "who was beginning to hate me" and now I am at peace with him.

I have yet to make it a habit to study the Lord's word everyday but am pretty much stronger in my faith than I was 12 months ago. Having experienced His grace and mercy, it really makes me want to worship and praise Him.

I continue to see blessings after blessings from the Lord and I give thanks for it.

But I still continue to have an arduous walk with the Lord, one of stubbornness and with the need to always repent and ask for forgiveness.

But all in all, I thank God for His grace, for seeing me through it all. He is good and is the King of Majesty.

Here's a song a friend used in one her devotion sessions at work and it really touched me... wonderful song. His grace is indeed sufficient for me:

Your Grace is Sufficient for Me
by Martin Nystrom



Your grace is sufficient for me
Your strength is made perfect
When I am weak
And all that I cling to
I lay at your feet
Your grace is sufficient for me

Through It All
By Hillsong



You are forever in my life
You see me through the seasons
Cover me with Your hand
And lead me in Your righteousness
And I look to You
And I wait on You

I will sing to You, Lord
A hymn of love
For Your faithfulness to me
Im carried in everlasting arms
Youll never let me go
Through it all

Hallelujah, hallelujah

You Are Good



Lord, You are good
And your mercy endureth forever (repeat)

People from every nation and tongue
From generation to generation

We worship You, hallelujah, hallelujah
We worship You for who You are
We worship You, hallelujah, hallelujah
We worship You for who You are
You are good

Lord You are good
And Your mercy endureth forever (repeat)

You are good, all the time
All the time, You are good

King of Majesty



You know that,
I love you,
You know that,
I want to know you so much more,
More than I have before

These words are,
From my heart,
These words are,
Not made up,
I will live for you,
I am devoted to you,

Pre-Chorus:
King of Majesty
I have one desire
Just to be with you my Lord,
Just to be with you my Lord,

Chorus:
Jesus you are the Saviour of my soul
And forever and ever I'll give my praises to you,
Jesus you are the Saviour of my soul
And forever and ever I'll give my praises to you,

Bridge:
Jesus you are the Saviour of my soul(echo)
And forever and ever I'll give my praises to you(echo)

As I sang each of the song, I clapped in agreement and in praise for God. Today also happens to be my sister's birthday and I also thank God for such a wonderful sister. Although I may not have been a good brother but my sister has been an important person to me and have supported me.

Wow, God has really chosen a good date for me to return to Christ :) Now every year when my church celebrates her birthday, I am reminded of my return to Christ :)

Still
Words and Music by Reuben Morgan



Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me
within your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are god

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know his power
In quietness and trust

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

James, the music that comes along with the blog is wonderful! ;)

Thanks for letting me view your blog too!

- huifang

10:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!