.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 22, 2006

 

Off to Auditions!

Listen to this article Listen to this article

The Reason I Wanna Sing
Hahaha, OK... I didn't sign up for Singapore Idol but I finally made the decision, garnered courage and signed up for the Church Choir today. Remember I mentioned that I had wanted to serve in Church ministry sometime back and since I love singing and worshipping God through songs, finally made the decision to join the Choir when they started their recruitment today. Now I have to prep for the audition... nerve-wrecking...

The Reason We Sing
He has brought us together
Each of us a different gift to bring.
We’ll serve Him forever
Even if the cost is everything.
He has called us to be faithful,
So with one heart we give this offering.

CHORUS
The reason we sing,
The reason we lift our voice,
Is more than just making harmony.
The reason we sing
Is to praise the one who gave His Son to be
The reason we sing.

It's more than just an emotion,
His spirit gives us joy that we can't hide.
We will not be silent,
We've got to let the world hear what's inside.
And as we praise Him with our music,
Jesus is the one we glorify.

CHORUS
CHORUS

TAG
The reason we sing

Studying His Word
Guess I took another step in faith and went to buy myself a study bible. Wanted to know and apply the Word of God and especially since I want to minister to my friend who is with a cult now, I am making effort to strengthen myself in the Word and hope I can sustain it.



Ichtus
Found this on Wikipedia:


Ichthys (Ichtus) Icon for Stub

One of the symbols used by early Christians (prior to Constantine) to identify themselves to each other, when to be identified as a Christian could result in death. The symbol of a fish (ΙΧΘΥΣ in Greek) was used, because in Greek the letters of the word are also the first letters of a key Christian concept. I = Ιησυς (Jesus), X = Χριστος (Christ, Messiah, or Anointed one), Θ (the Greek letter theta) = Θεος (God), Υ = Υιος (Son), Σ = Σοτηρ (Savior).


Hmm, fish :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!