.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 19, 2006

 

The Longest 4 Minutes

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Too Persistent and Demanding?
Had a meeting today to discuss the volunteer management database. Prior to the meeting, I had took some time (the past 3 months) to compile a 17 page document on the requirements and the data fields for the database. Guess I should have took sometime to also understand the system; what is possible to have and what is not possible to have.

Hence, you can guess how shocked I was when I found out, at the meeting, that some of the requirements I have put in will not be feasible to implement. Think I might have presented myself as too demanding and persistent also, maybe because having spent 3 months reviewing the current workflow and thinking about the database, I might have set unrealistically high expectations of the database. I guess I was too anxious about having a "perfect" system to help address all the gaps I sawand was also worried about additional tasks added onto my currently portfolio, one which I was barely coping with.

Kind of felt bad about being so persistent and demanding during the meeting and did apologize to my IT colleague for such reckless behaviour.

The Longest 4 Minutes
We were going to celebrate a fellow colleague's birthday today and he had craving for pork knuckles. So we planned to go to Vil'age (vee-lay-jay), a Marche-style restaurant at China Square.

As my colleague drove into China Square carpark, we realized that we were 4 minutes away from 6pm (cheaper parking after 6pm: $2 per entry). And so we did something crazy. We stopped just in front of the gantry and waited and the 4 minutes seems like forever. We were basically counting down to 6pm :) And the surprising thing is that, all these while, there were no cars coming into the carpark (maybe they were all waiting elsewhere)!

In the end? 6pm came, we cheered and drove in. And most important of all, we saved on parking hahaha...


Source: http://www.roadtraffic-technology.com/
contractors/parking/zeag/zeag2.htm


Chocolate Fondue

Finally got to try my chocolate fondue! Anyway, we (all 8 of us) had a real full dinner that day. We shared one whole pork knuckle, 2 pizzas, 1 bowl of fried greens, 1 bowl of mushroom salad, soup, 1 plate of hokkien mee, 1 plate of rosti (fried potatoe shreds), stingray, lamb stew with mashed potato, drinks and of course, 2 servings of chocolate fondue!

No wonder my colleagues told me that people in my department seldom maintain or lose weight once they come into this department hahaha. My department just loves food... :)


Chocolate Fondue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!