.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, October 29, 2005

 

Inconsistency Angers Me

Listen to this article Listen to this article


scoosh by discochimp

Bottled Up Grievances

I called my ex-colleague yesterday and it seems she is not coping well. She seem terribly over-worked and under stressed, heard that she has to even take on the job of washing toilets now because the "tea lady" is not well and on MC for the week. Really feel great injust for her. Could tell how upset she was from her tone; as she was relating to me all her grievances, she was literally shouting over the phone... don't really know how long more she can last like that.

Lesson on Inconsistency
I got more angered when I heard how inconsistent my ex-acting head was, one moment saying this and the next moment saying that, very inconsistent. Have experienced that when I was there, policies keep changing and you just do not get a sense of the direction where you are really going. Not only is she inconsistent with her words, so is she inconsistent in the way she treats staff. According to my ex-colleague, she kept piling work up on her, failing to fairly distribute work to other staff because "my ex-acting head feels that the other staff are overworked", sometimes even to the extent of taking away work which is to be done by the other staff and piling it on my ex-colleague. Angry! To make things worse, a new staff came (he has the same name as me) and she seems to be very protective of him, several times bending the rules that she has set in the first place for him. Things were definitely not like that for me (though I share the same name as him) when I was there. When I share my displeasure (and I made sure I shared it in a respectful manner), it was ignored. When this new staff shared his displeasure (almost in a complaining manner), she listens and addresses it. So much for consistency! Important lesson learnt: superiors should always be consistent in their words, actions and treatment of staff or else he/she will lost credibility and even may sow discord amongst staff.

A Dilemma
Whenever I think about my ex-acting head, I get so angry; angry that her actions are slowly taking apart what have been achieved by others, particularly myself and bringing the whole organization down (but I disclaim this is my own opinion). I seriously have seen how things have slowed down at my (ex) organization and hate to see things fail but then on the other hand I sometimes do wish things to go wrong so that some people will learn their lesson. I know I shouldn't be thinking in this way. Selfish as it may sound but i sometime can't help but feel this way. In the end, who wants to see something which they have put in a lot of effort fail? But what are the others doing about it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that one needs to have that kind of affinity with another person in order to make a relationship works. codfishy, maybe you just lack of that with her.

As much as you may be complaining about her, there may be others who simply love her. There are always two sides to a coin. :p

2:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!