.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

 

Dreading Work

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Hahaha, I have kept silent about this for sometime but then I have this feeling of dreading to go to work... I can't explain it; I seem happier here but then somehow just dread to go to work. When I get to work, I will look forward to going home after lunch. On weekdays, I look forward to weekends. But don't get me wrong, I still get quite a bit of work done and handle a lot of public enquiries everyday.


No Wake by ZRB

Handling Demands of Work
I am thinking that it might be natural for me to feel this way since I always expect a lot from myself and always want to succeed. The curent demands at work seems to be getting to me (too daunting)... I have on hand a few projects running concurrently and I am needed to find volunteers for them (one project requires close to 5000 volunteers). I also find myself constantly feeling negative about myself because I always seem to be so shy and my job requires me to engage and interact with people. I am really hoping this will change for the better in time to come.

Culture Shock!
In my previous job, I could clock "off" hours for overtime and could always call in if I feel tired and/or want to report for work later. The thought of having to be on time for work and no "off" really frightens me... it seems that other than leave and MC, I can't really "excuse" myself from work. Of course, I know the flexible working conditions I enjoyed in the past is not the norm and I need to get myself realigned back to the normal working conditions but somehow the thought is so scary... culture shock. Need time to adjust.

For the time being, all I can say to myself is: "Give yourself a chance and more time. You are barely there for 2 weeks". After all, I think I also felt this way before in my previous jobs, especially during the initial phases.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!