.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 02, 2008

 

"Be strong and courageous"

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Psalm 23:
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death, [a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

Is there something you are fearing, just as there are so many things that I fear too? But time and time again, the word of God assures that God is always around, several times asking us to "be strong and (very) courageous":

  • Deuteronomy 31:6
  • Deuteronomy 31:7
  • Deuteronomy 31:23
  • Joshua 1:6
  • Joshua 1:7
  • Joshua 1:9
  • Joshua 1:18
  • Joshua 10:25
  • 1 Chronicles 22:13
  • 1 Chronicles 28:20
  • 2 Chronicles 32:7
Exodus 14:13
"Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today.

2 Chronicles 20:17
You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.' "

Psalm 20:7-8
Some trust in chariots and some in horses,but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. They are brought to their knees and fall,but we rise up and stand firm.

Proverbs 10:25
When the storm has swept by, the wicked are gone, but the righteous stand firm forever.

Isaiah 7:9
The head of Ephraim is Samaria, and the head of Samaria is only Remaliah's son. If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all.' "

1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

1 Corinthians 16:13
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.

2 Corinthians 1:24
Not that we lord it over your faith, but we work with you for your joy, because it is by faith you stand firm.

2 Corinthians 1:21
Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ.

Galatians 5:1
[ Freedom in Christ ] It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Ephesians 6:14
Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,

Philippians 4:1
Therefore, my brothers, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, that is how you should stand firm in the Lord, dear friends!

Colossians 4:12
Epaphras, who is one of you and a servant of Christ Jesus, sends greetings. He is always wrestling in prayer for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured.

2 Thessalonians 2:15
So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

James 5:8
You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!