.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

 

Thanksgiving for my Work Ministry

Listen to this article Listen to this article

I have been kept rather busy recently but then not too busy to continue reflecting upon how God has blessed my work ministry. Today, I took half day's leave to go for my physio class for my back and even though I was only in office for the latter half of the day, what happened in office was enough to get me all excited; today, I see and come to realise, once again, how God provides.

Thanks for the Call, Thanks for the Lunch
I came back home from physio class at about 11.40pm and soon found myself on the phone with KM. Just a little catching up since I had a little time before heading back to office and since my hands were trembling after the exercises and that made it difficult for me to SMS her. I thank God for a good time of fellowship over the phone as we talked, shared and prayed for one another; considering last week's phone conversation about this time wasn't very pleasant with a minor disagreement over some stuff. So I thank God for a good time of catching up with her. By the time we finished, I realised that I do not have enough time to grab lunch so I just quickly headed back to office. And without lunch, I gathered that I have to sustain myself till dinner time when I meet my friend for dinner. But thank God for lunch because apparently, my colleagues helped me order lontong from a fundraising project and you cannot imagine the joy I had on my face when I realised how there was food and I did not have to go hungry! I also thank God when another colleague later offered to share with me half of her muffin. Thank God Thank God!!

Thanks for the Affirmation
Then, my boss came into my office to briefly talk to me about a recent review meeting I had with a fellow colleague for the first time (which I thought went well) and although I could not quite figure out why she asked me about the meeting, I just felt positive vibes about it. She also commented about a Microsoft Access library management system I have developed sometime back and express interest in having me develop something similar for her HR resource library as well. And I thank God for the positive affirmation.


Thanks for the Blessings & Guidance
Much later, I received an email from one of the directors on the upcoming NVPC Awards and how we have been asked to self-nominate our volunteer programme for the award. I had previously been asked by a staff from NVPC to consider self-nominating our volunteer programme for the award but then I had not thought much about it because I felt that the programme is not perfect and there is still so much to do. But at the request of this director for a writeup on the volunteer programme to justify our nomination, I began to spend time drafting out the writeup. Actually, it is not so much the being asked to self-nominate the programme that excites me but rather the realisation how God had blessed my work ministry over the past 2.5 years or so.

I have always recounted how I had left my last workplace without a job and somehow the thought of working in a Christian organisation crossed my mind, only to have it dismissed, because I was a back-slided Christian then. Then, it seems that God has His plans and within a couple of week, God brought me back to church and soon after, I was asked if I would like to apply for the position of volunteer coordinator. As I drafted the writeup and summarise our volunteer programme, it is just amazing to note how a person who had no experience whatsoever in volunteer management, could have been used by God and so much have been achieved within the 2 years. I can only say that it is by God's grace that things are the way it is today; that I had been called here, that the job seems to be a perfect match to my giftings (whatever little I have) and how God has continued to show me wonderful things at work.

Thanks for the Wonderful Things You Have Done Through Us
Then, I became all excited once again when both myself and my friend and IT director looked at the electronic volunteer management system that we have been working on for the last 2 years and realise how a powerful and sophisticated system has been developed to date. Throughout the two years, the system is slowly taking shape and it is amazing how God can use the giftings of people almightily to achieve wonderful things.

Thanks for Resources & Talents
Then, I also became excited once again when a centre called me and told me how they urgently needed a volunteer to help them troubleshoot their donated PCs at their centre and it "so happens" that I have on hand, just the right person, who I have recently recruited from a volunteers' fair, a student who is also the president of his school's tech council, and I was still scratching my head where to place him to help within my organisation. In fact, this is not the first time something like that happened; there had been many instances when the right people just come at the right time.

Then, I received good news that a volunteer can help me to cover a feature story of a dedicated volunteer at one of our programmes this coming Saturday. And I was also beginning to receive a lot of requests from centres for volunteers for a variety of things which I hope means that centres are slowly opening up more to working with volunteers. Wow, happening for one day liaoz and I just thank God for blessing my day and how things just fall into place one by one and went well.

Thank you God!! Couldn't have done it without your blessings and grace.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!