.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

 

How have you experienced God today?

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Wow, two weeks have passed since I returned from missions and so much has happened, I have yet the time to blog. In fact, I have pages and pages of my travel journal waiting for me to transfer to this blog... But today, I had to blog...

In a spiritual "high" and just felt that I needed to blog before I lose this feeling. It's the kind of day where you experience God again very strongly in your life. I am a rational kind of person and despite several experiences with God, I have often come
back 360 degrees to again wonder how true God is. But, there comes a time when you sense and know that God is working in your life and coincidences are just not coincidences anymore. So, I just want to record down my thanksgiving...

I thank God for showing me He is there when I recently was called to do a presentation for a prayer meeting on our mission trip. With the short time frame given to prepare the slides, I thought that I will have to sacrifice my whole May Day holiday to work on the
slides, which are to be used the very next day. But thank God for not only giving me the May Day holiday to rush out the slides, but also giving me the inspiration to finish it within half a day... I had started off not knowing what to put in the presentation but everything just came out by late afternoon, that I even had time to go out to meet my friends for a simple night's out.

I thank God for showing me He is there when He helped nursed my esteem again and again after the trip, with successes in work and affirmation from friends. My article g
ot published in a magazine... I was asked if I would like to go back to work in my former organisation (though that did worried me a little because my boss is a committee member in the organisation, and I wonder if she has heard the rumour about me wanting to go back and how she felt about it)... I managed to redesign my volunteer bulletin all within a night and got an affirmation on the new design... I got affirmation from my team members and my cell leader for the presentation slides on our recent mission trip I done up for the prayer meeting... I responded to the CEO of the organisation which printed the publication where my article was in to thank her and also express a little view and she asked if she could publish my comments... and the list goes on...

I thank God for showing me He is there when He blessed the mission trip presentation at the prayer meeting. I dreaded presentations and to present to a gro
up of strangers was even more nerve-wrecking. But, I thank God for showing me that He is in control and, surprisingly, I even dared to stand in front of the rostrum to speak and there were light-hearted moments when I made the audience laughed...

I thank God for showing me He is there when He answered my prayers for my friends and showed me the power of prayers. I have recently come to know of a friend who is worried that she might have down syndrome child, and yet another friend who is facing some career difficulties. I had prayed for them an glad that God answered. I thank God for preparing the heart of my friend to be visit church again; I had prayed for opportunities to broach the topic and the next thing I know, my friend expressed interest to visit my church. I also thank God for the prayer warriors that prayed for our mission trip and it is no wonder the trip went well with so many intercessors (colleagues, friends, family, volunteers and even Christian brothers and sisters I didn't know).

I thank God for showing me He is there when He sent friends to me at my workplace... friends to affirm me and encourage me on, friends who are ever so willing to help me when I need help (e.g. the simple act of agreeing to help play the piano when I conduct devotion this Thursday, even though it means having to practice a new song over the next two days and also helping me to find out prayer request for Thursday), friends who will stand up for me, friends who blessed me with little gifts which made me feel valued, friends who gives me their ears, friends who shower me with concern, friends who make my work life interesting e.g. colleagues and friends who would come over to re-arrange Jerrie's in the room, whenever I am out of office :) Thank God, or I thought my bears have a life of its own :)

I thank God for showing me He is there when He blessed me in my preparation for cell. I have just taken over cell leadership officially last Friday, but I keep wondering why i even accepted the role in the first place. But God has, through the trip, and several other occasions, showed me He is Jehovah Jireh (God the Provider) when He provided when I am on the path of uncertainty. Just like how I was preparing for cell email yesterday and I was thinking about what verse to use to end the email and there, staring at me in my email inbox are two devotional email, from two separate websites, but both on the topics I am to cover for this Friday's cell. How much more coincidental can this get?

I thank God for showing me He is there when He continued to speak to me through circumstances. Just as when I am doubting my capability as a cell leader, God spoke to me through friends who reminded me that I should not limit God's ability by doubting what He can do through me. Another friend also reminded me that I should not end up like Moses, one who is after the heart of God but who never got into the promised land. True, I am doing the Old Testament Challenge now and as I read through the chapters,
I am beginning to identify with Moses because he too is a person with little self-confidence and struggles with leadership over God's people. Just as Moses had doubts about himself when he was called to lead God's people out of Egypt and said: "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue... O Lord, please send someone else to do it." (and in the process angered God), so did I when I was called to cell leadership. Just as Moses started to lament his burden with leading the Israelites (Numbers 11:11-15), so did I recent lament to the Lord why he has placed me in cell leadership? But one thing is for sure, I do not hope to turn out to be like Moses, not being able to see the promised land. I also thank God for speaking to me through worship in church, the latest from the song "Word of God speak" just as I am struggling with cell leadership and what to say.

I thank God for showing me He is there when He used to, hopefully, minister to others. Just as someone has ministered to me with 1 cor 15:58, I have recently come to know of a friend who told me that a bible verse I had sent to her has ministered to her. To me, it was just a simple message I sent to my friends but God has used it. I also thank God for the sudden inspiration for an encouragement mms I drafted this morning to some of my friends. I am not the kind of person who can type inspiration smses, but this morning, I suddenly had the inspiration to do so and the words just flowed. And so, I ended up using a photo I took while doing my "healthy lifestyle" with a colleague in Bishan Park yesterday and the mms went...

Rays
"... Isn't God's creation so wonderful? Reminds us that God is just like the sun, sure to be there and even when cloud cover, still can peek at its rays, if we look carefully and let it in. May God be with you. :)"

I am really glad to be experiencing God again in daily life but then deep inside me, I really hope it stays this way... How have you experienced God today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!