.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 15, 2008

 

Still Feeling Sore

Listen to this article Listen to this article

It has been almost 3 years but I can't explain why I am still sore...

Recently, my professional association sent us a letter inviting us to join in an upcoming dinner to celebrate the profession. Given the old me, I would have been the first to respond, in support of the profession. But then, not only have I not renewed my membership, I have also hesitated about supporting this dinner. I guess I had been hurt quite badly and am still angry with my professional association for treating me the way they did 3 years back when I was there working for them.

And I could not explain the way I feel when I visited their webpage. I realised that they have redesigned the website and it was a nice looking website. For years after I left, they have maintained the website that I painstakingly designed and for years, they had struggled with website design and sometimes asked if I could help, only to have me saying "no" because I just could not take on any other commitments with my schedule and most importantly, I was still upset with them. But then, seeing that they now have someone to do the website and it's such a nice one, I found myself torn between feeling happy things are moving for the association vs feeling terribly upset that "my website is gone and now I am no longer needed". I don't know, maybe I am just upset the website which I designed is gone, maybe I feel threatened that all along the association had on several occasions tried to get me to rejoin their staff team and now, I may no longer be valued by them as much anymore (it's a bad jealous feeling which I know I should not have but then it's still there).

Anyway, I am trying to tell myself to just let go of the past and move on... it's been 3 years and isn't it true I am being brought to someone better, with wonderful colleagues and friends and also opportunities for spiritual growth? What more do I have to complain about?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!